Gifting Tips for the Holidays
Gifts are a visual expression of your thoughts about someone else, reflecting your own personal/corporate judgment, style and taste. Properly done, a gift captures one’s attention and communicates appreciation and gratitude. A great gift is received with excitement and creates a memory the lasts well beyond the gift exchange. Here are some tips to make an enduring impact with your gifts this holiday season…
- Give graciously, receive graciously; be elegant.
- Quality, quality, quality.
- Make it personal – include a small note or card with a sincere thought, or write a note that briefly talks about the gift and why this gift is special.
- Be very creative when the budget is low – remember perceived value not actual value.
- Completely stumped? A heartfelt handwritten note with an invitation for lunch, a beach walk, coffee, dinner will often do just
- Give something that is functional but one that the gift recipient may not necessarily buy for themselves i.e. A small art glass bowl can be used for paper clips or condiments!
- Send boutique, hand-made chocolates, whenever you can! It is the perfect corporate or personal gift – the more luxurious, the better!
- Presentation is everything and just as important as the gift.
- Surprise, delight, and gratitude are three emotions a gift should evoke.
- Be sensitive to cultural and religious differences (in China, avoid multiples of four, as four is a homonym for death).