How to be a Recognition Leader
Yum! Brands’ believes that if you want results, the enthusiasm and commitment of your people are a must have along the way. As simple as this is to say, it is not so simple to do without a well-developed process to make it happen. People prefer to work in an environment where they’re having fun and smiling. To create such an environment, leaders need to set goals, see them through to conclusion, and be sure to take the fun-seeking people with them as they achieve those goals.
When branding your recognition program with a message that is as unique as your firm, one keeps focused on the company’s priorities and practices.
Top 10 ways to effectively brand your recognition and reward program:
- Define your recognition and rewards – be clear as to what they mean to your company and culture.
- Brand recognition to fit your business strategy – in addition to creating a name, look and feel to the recognition, branding of the program with your business strategy and strategic directives clearly dictates priorities and what helps generate business.
- Let culture drive recognition and rewards – branding should draw upon the vision and purpose of an organization as well as values and beliefs. Then, behaviors spontaneously demonstrate meaningful acknowledgement of contributions.
- Create a clear and simple message – focus on the end result and end gain as a way to inspire the architecture of the recognition program.
- Listen from within – create transparency to all employees on the goals and meaning of the recognition.
- Generate the desired emotions – enhance the positive feelings elicit from recognition by creating useful resources to help employees create the right emotions.
- Recognition branding is an ongoing process – great branding is an evolving process, requiring measurement, feedback, refinement and improvement.
- Develop the best solution – instead of thinking about how recognition and rewards will solve problems, design a solid solution by understanding the issues and then focus the branding feel to be achieved.
- Think about reputation – make actual programs powerful and positive destinations. For principles and practices to be lived, ensure a few simple approaches to produce desired results.
- Engage everyone in recognition and rewards – there is a total commitment starting in the executive offices. Leadership involvement is critical for messaging and exemplary practices.