Win in the Marketplace by Rewarding Top Talent
AT&T CEO and Chair Randall Stephenson recently said “There is a need to retool yourself, and you should not expect to stop…People who do not spend 5 to 10 hours a week in online learning will obsolete themselves with the technology”. He states that for organizations to win in the market, they must help their employees stay relevant in their skills. They also need to prepare the workforce to be agile, adapting quickly to changes in the market.
At LinkedIn, their #1 management issue is how leaders approach learning in a digital world. Here are there 5 tips for leaders:
- Hire lifelong learners – look for talent that shows the ability to learn new skills to advance their career.
- Provide access to relevant, up-to-date learning for your workforce by taking the initiative to provide resources.
- Take an active role in partnering with employees to determine skills to develop based on business goals.
- Reward and encourage employees that demonstrate quick adaptive learning cycles. A quick and agile workforce is critical to business vitality.
- Hire leaders who provide clarity of goals and encourage employee creativity to achieve success.